Your car windshield is the primary element that is responsible for providing protection to your car. Extending the windshield lifespan will purely mean increasing the overall life of your car. Sadly, most car-owners neglect the importance of a windshield and hardly invest any attention on the same. Also, they often delay the things like windshield repair and thus compromise their safety. If your car windshield is damaged and demands some attention, do reach out to the National Auto Glass repair experts in Toronto now.
The importance of the windshield in a perfect condition can’t be stressed enough. You are about to find out some of the best tips to extend the lifespan of your car’s windshield and eventually, extend the car’s lifespan.
How to extend the lifespan of a car’s windshield?
We list some of the most useful tips to extend the car’s windshield lifespan below. Have a look.
1) Keep the Windshield Clean: Cleanliness is always the most important thing to ensure that the car windshield is in the best working form. Even, the cleaner your car windshield is, the better is your hygiene. Thus, the first principle of extending the car windshield lifespan; always to keep it clean.
2) Try to Park in Shady Region: While, it might not always be possible to park your car in the shady region, never fail to do it whenever you can. Remember, high temperature is one of the primary reasons for the windshield to get cracked. Thus, whenever possible, park your car in a basement, or a garage, or whichever shady place you can manage. As our windshield repair Toronto team says, “Unlike our body, the car doesn’t require sunlight at all. So let your car rest in the shade”.
3) Never Use Chemicals while Cleaning: We understand your desire to make your car look glossy and beautiful. And those tempting chemicals are easy to be purchased and used. But to ensure the prolonged life of your car windshield, avoid this easy thing at all. Toxic chemicals always harm your car windshield and thus maximizing the chances of it getting damaged.
To clean your car windshield, you can use soapy water with a gentle cloth. Don’t be too hard while cleaning the car windshield as it increases the pressure and eventually may shatter your car windshield.
4) Never Slam Car Doors: Slamming the car doors still stands as the most common mistake of the car-owners. Be it in frustration, or just a part of their habit, slamming the car door is the worst thing you can do to your car. It not only damages the car windshield but also weakens the overall protective layer of your car. If there are minor cracks on your car windshield, slamming the doors will quicken the crack expansion and thus make things worse for your car.
5) Cleaning Ice with Wiper Blades is a Bad Idea: You might be tempted to use the windshield wiper to remove the vision hindering ice. But, our windshield crack repair specialists in Toronto never recommend it. The hard ice is always hard for the windshield wiper to deal with and thus increases the chances of windshield damage.
6) Never Neglect the Damaged Windshield: Be quick to get your car windshield repaired, even when the crack is minor. A minor crack hardly takes any time to expand which might lead you to windshield replacement. Thus, one of the most important principles for extending the lifespan of a car windshield is never to neglect any damage on your car windshield at all.
Your car windshield just demands above six factors for an extended lifespan. And we hope you are entirely clear with all the factors. Just follow these tips for an extended lifespan of your car windshield and thus preserve your protective friends for a very long time.
Even after taking the utmost care, if your car windshield gets damaged, you need not worry at all our Windshield Chip Repair professionals in Toronto are here to get it restored efficiently. If your windshield requires attention, do connect with our team by using the contact number 905-790-1115 and give your car a trustworthy repair service provider now.