- March 16, 2022
- By adarji
- In windshield repair
- Tags cracked windshield replacement Brampton, windshield chip repair Brampton, windshield replacement Brampton
A chipped or cracked windshield doesn’t necessarily mean the windshield replacement. Minor damage can easily be repaired, which would keep you from the considerably high costs of windshield replacement.
But, when there’s damage, car owners often get confused about the fact if they require car windshield repair or replacement. This blog is an attempt by our experts to clear out this confusion. Keep reading!
How do you figure out if your car’s windshield requires repair or replacement? Checkout the answers below.
1) Checkout the size of the crack: When your windshield gets damaged, the size of the crack on the windshield is the first thing you need to check. If the crack size is not more than 2 inches long, it can be repaired. However, if the crack on your windshield is more than 2 inches long, the repair will be a bit difficult, and most probably your windshield will require replacement.
Hence, ensure that you check the crack size on the windshield. Also, ensure that you get the crack repaired immediately so that the crack doesn’t expand, and your safety is restored efficiently and in no time.
2) The area of the windshield damage: This is another important thing that you need to check when it comes to figuring out if your windshield requires a repair or replacement.
If the crack extends to the outer edge of the windshield, repairing it is a bit difficult. In this case, you will require windshield replacement. Also, if the crack on the windshield is working as a hindrance to the driver’s vision, your windshield will require a replacement.
3) The extent of the damage: The extent of the damage is another important factor to be taken into consideration when it comes to figuring out if your windshield requires repair or replacement. The windshield having few chips can be repaired, while a windshield having more than two cracks is a bit difficult to repair.
Also, if the extent of damage is so huge that even after repair, the structural integrity of the car would be at risk, windshield replacement is a better way to go with.
4) The timeframe: With windshield chip, the sooner you reach out to the professionals, the more are the chances of the repair being possible. Being early with getting the windshield fixed implies that the dust particles and debris won’t be troubling the damaged area anymore.
However, if the damage is a bit older, windshield repair is a bit difficult. In this case, windshield replacement might come into the picture. Hence, whenever the damage takes place, ensure that you get the windshield fixed on an immediate basis. It won’t only restore your safety at the earliest, but also keep the windshield replacement cost away from you.
We hope that you are now clear with some of the top factors deciding if your windshield requires a repair or replacement.
Be it windshield repair or replacement, it’s necessary that in case of the windshield damage, you get it fixed on an immediate basis. A windshield is all about your safety, and you cannot afford to delay the restoration of your safety at all.
If you desire to get more information, or if your windshield requires a repair or replacement, you can trust the efficient team of National Auto Glass Brampton team to do the job right for you. The experience and the expertise that our team comes alongside it make us the favourites of people when it comes to cracked windshield replacement in Brampton.
At our premises, we believe in delivering you reliable, efficient, and quick services. It is our commitment to offering the best that makes us the top choice of car owners when it comes to windshield chip repair in Brampton. To contact our high-rated windshield experts, connect with us at 905-790-1115.
Book your appointment now and get $5 discount.MAKE APPOINTMENT