Windshield replacement is a mighty thing. It implies restoring your safety. Additionally, windshield replacement demands heavy investment, which makes it important for you to take the utmost care of your windshield after it is replaced.
There are several windshield replacement aftercare factors that most car owners aren’t aware of. Our windshield replacement Brampton team explains these factors in this blog.
How do you maintain your windshield after replacement?
So, how do you maintain your car’s windshield after getting it replaced? Checkout the answers below.
1) Don’t drive your car immediately after the windshield replacement: After you get the windshield replaced, it’s necessary that you give the adhesive glue used some time to settle properly.
To get the perfect results from the windshield replacement, it’s necessary that you don’t drive your car at least for an hour. It’s mandatory that you allow the adhesive glue to settle completely in order to ensure a safe drive after you get the windshield replaced. Avoiding driving immediately after getting the windshield replacement is the only way to do so.
2) Keep the retention tape as it is at least for a day: Yes, the retention tape might soak away the attractiveness of the car, but it’s necessary to keep it as it is at least for 24 hours.
It would ensure that the debris and other dust particles don’t get stuck to the adhesive glue and hence gets all the work undone. Dust particles and debris weaken the glue’s effectiveness and hence increase the chances of the windshield getting cracked or shattered again.
3) Avoid car washing at least for 48 hours: The pressure that the car washing would destroy the strength of the adhesive glue and hence impart damage on the car’s windshield.
If you still wish to wash your car’s windshield, use mild soaps and detergent and be extremely gentle with your car wash. However, our windshield replacement Brampton team highly recommends that you completely avoid the car wash for at least 48 hours at all.
4) No rash driving: Be it windshield replacement or normal circumstances, rash driving should absolutely be avoided.
Rash driving would cause the windshield to shake and hence it would create immense pressure on the same. Excessive pressure would mean more chances of windshield shattering. Hence, after you get your windshield replaced, say no to rash driving at all.
5) Keep the windows rolled down: Keeping your windows rolled down at least by an inch for 24 hours would keep the sudden change in the air pressure away, and hence ensure that the windshield doesn’t get troubled by the same.
It gives the curing process a pace and makes the entire recovery flow smoother for the car’s windshield.
Hence, the last and an important tip to ensure that your windshield doesn’t get shattered again after the replacement; keep the windows rolled down by an inch for at least 24 hours.
Yes, windshield replacement is a mighty task, but keeping certain things in your mind after you get your windshield replaced would ensure a swift recovery for your car’s windshield.
Certain people don’t care about these tips after getting their windshield replaced, and eventually end up regretting it later on.
If your car’s windshield requires professional attention or if you want more information about the windshield replacement aftercare tips, you can count on our auto glass repair Brampton team to do the job right for you.
Our team is committed to providing your car’s windshield with the best. Our fairly priced and highly efficient services make us the top choice of people when it comes to windshield repair or replacement. To reach out to our team, contact us at 905-790-1115.